1.30.2010

Reverse Rib Kerchief Pattern


Hello out there, folks - sorry I've been absent for a long time but I now have something new for you, and I hope you'll enjoy it! I have been working on triangular patterns (for a change) and playing with textures, and I ended up with the Reverse Rib Kerchief - already a favorite! Reverse rib is just like regular rib stitching except that everything is knit or purled through the back loop, which makes the knit stitches really pop up. It's an incredibly versatile little shawl, basically intended to be worn like a bandanna, tied around your neck at the back, but there are many creative ways to wear it and wear it well. The Tosh Sock yarn used in this pattern is so beautiful and warm - comes in many amazing bright colors. Highly recommended! I used the Cobalt and Warm Maize colorways for these.


This pattern should be a straightforward knit for those who have knit triangular shawls in the past, or who feel ready to give it a shot. You need to know how to do a provisional cast-on (directions for that are readily available online in many places), knit and purl through the back loop, and make yarn-overs. It requires about 400 yds of sock-weight yarn and US #3 needles, 24" circular. There is no chart for this one - just written instructions. Hopefully they will be easy to follow, but as always, please feel free to leave a comment below if you run into any problems.


I will also be posting this under my name on Ravelry so you all can go discuss there! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.


It is available for purchase via paypal only for $5.50 here (you will receive a .pdf document containing the pattern emailed to you):

8 comments:

Michelle said...

First of all good that you are back with something new for us..and the Reverse Rib Kerchief was good particularly the colors chosen...

yujiayao said...

For those of you who are purchasing Taps,we realize that this is one of the most important purchasing decisions you will make. You have made the best choice in choosing one of our Bathroom Sink Taps,Kitchen Taps or Shower Taps etc, as they are constructed of the highest grade materials to ensure that your new Taps lasts forever. You can be confident in your purchase as each item comes with a no hassle 30 day return privilege.

Eyewash stations said...

This looks very beautiful and you knit it very unique shape.

Air Compressors said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me out from my problem..

louisvillechiropractic said...

Ooops I like that brown knitted socks so fashionable and perfect for winter fashion.

sheena said...

Mercedes Benz C32 AMG Supercharger
It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

ct car service said...

That knitted socks.....how fashionable

dora_game said...

Thanks the author for it